Over the past few months, I have noticed my usage of Netflix has increased. I typically watch Netflix on my Macbook using a Safari browser. While I love that Netflix exists to fill those 10, 15-minute breaks when I am having lunch, there’s just some stuff I do not quite like about using Netflix. I list some of them below:
- Content I have seen before still gets recommended to me
- Movies and shows I have previously seen still show up on “My List” — It would be nice to have them move to a separate category.
- I can’t search through “My List” on the web app
- I can’t categorise “My List”
- I can’t create movie playlists and share them
- Retrieving a comprehensive history of the movies I’ve watched and the dates I watched them requires a data request from Netflix
- I am unable to set a playback speed across all movies. I watch movies at 1.5x speed, and for each movie, I have to set the speed individually. It is not very convenient.
- I can’t know what other people think about stuff I am watching without going to Twitter to search for some sort of commentary about the movie. It would be nice to know what other people think about the movie I am watching.
- Ugh, the preview feature, its annoyingly buggy! Opening the Netflix web app, the preview for the movie on the Home page starts playing, if you go ahead and click more info you have both the home page preview & the more infor preview both playing from different starting points.
- The new approach to password sharing is shite.